Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween for young learners ( vuvox)

How many times have you realized that Halloween was just around the corner and had absolutely no time to plan a topic related activity for your kids? Well...It has happened many times to me and I ended up having a fast trick or treating in the end of the lesson.
 Inspired by Web2.0 for educators, I decided to write a digital lesson plan that I could rely on for some holiday fun.  A plan that would blend technology and creativity to motivate learners.
 I chose  vuvox as an aggregator and I started by downloading  a Disney movie to pre teach vocabulary. I had some problems uploading at first, I learned that Vuvox recognizes flv for movies and  that I needed a converter. I used a user friendly one called Prism.
I wanted to promote opportunity for sharing written work with an authentic audience. I read Larry Ferlazo's post about storybird and Tikatok and decided to add them to my plan. I printscreened the cover of the books and used the hotspot icon in Vulvox to hyperlink.
     I hope I find the time to plan more presentations like this one. we could have one for each level to avoid repeating the same activities. What about giving Vuvox a try?
Reminder
 File format (vuvox).
    Audio - mp3
    Image - jpeg
    Video - flv


No comments:

Post a Comment

We´d love to hear from you.